With National Dog Day coming up tomorrow, August 26, what better time then to shower them with extra love and attention by taking them somewhere dog friendly. Since the Valley is extra warm right now, here are 5 places to take your dog to cool down and to celebrate!
1) Splash Pad - splash pads aren't just for the two legged, find one that allows dogs! There are many around the Valley, just choose the time you go wisely. Beat the crowd and go extra early.
Kierland Commons Splash Pad
The Splash Pad at Scottsdale Quarter
Tempe Beach Splash Playground
Tempe Marketplace Splash Pad
Kidsplash Fountain at Desert Ridge Marketplace
Westgate City Center Fountain Park
Splash Park at Rio Vista Community Park in Peoria
Adventure Park Splash Pad at Anthem Community Park
2) Staycation - what's better than getting cozy with your dog and not having to clean up after them. There are 204 pet friendly hotels in Phoenix, AZ. Need help deciding where to stay with your dog? Check out this list.
3) Shopping - in need of new toys? or new water/food bowls? Take your pooch to Petsmart or Petco for a little shopping adventure, and let them pick out their own toy. Here is also a list of other places to take your pet shopping.
4) Arizona Diamondbacks Bark at the Park - mark your calendars for Bark at the Park on September 2. While it's not on National Dog Day, who says you can't surprise your dog with tickets for the game. Bonus: you can also be part of the pregame dog parade!
5) Spa Day - pamper your pet with a little rest and relaxation by taking them to a luxurious spa (groomer). From a manicure to a blow out, let your pet look their best for National Dog Day.